Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 170

Thread: student expelled from UVAWise

  1. #51
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    I feel I have reliable sources also.
    So until we actually see that document in our hands there's no 100% on this.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #52
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    Regardless of whether he was or not, this is BS.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #53
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    How could campus security take him to the clinic if it was due to a true psychiatric exam? Wouldn't health officials, or actually the police have to do it and not campus security? I doubt they did the psychiatric exam right there on campus or anything. I would think it wouldn't have been done until he got to Frontier Health.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #54
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HokieFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To read that some of you are taking up for this guy just makes me sick. Writing the story is one thing but to have 3 loaded guns in your vehicle on a college campus where they are prohibited, now that's a different story.

    Most of the horrible tragedies that have occurred at other universities have started with a student writing stuff just like this and everyone just passed it off as "fiction". Then something horrible happens and to hear about the signs that where there but ignored, and everyone is outraged that no "red-flag" was threw up.

    Obviously the professor was alarmed for a reason and it sounds to me after what they found it was a very good thing he was alarmed. No one knows what this guy was thinking, but with the way society is today you can never be to safe.

    It would scare the crap out of me knowing that a guy at my college had three loaded guns in his vehicle, wouldn't it you? I don't care if you have a permit or not, he knew they were forbidden on the campus and should have known better. Why not be a man and admit your mistake and face the reality of the punishment.

    This isn't about freedom of speech and all that. The fact is he had three loaded guns at a place where they are prohibited. Also being a vet I agree that he should know better.

    I'm glad the professor was alarmed and the college did what they should have done. They should be praised and not downed for their actions. Just imagine if your kids where going there, what would you want the school to do?
    </div></div>

    Agreed....you have to be accountable for your actions.

  5. #55
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    Campus Police has the same authority in those matters as Town Police.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #56
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    So they did the psych exam on campus?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #57
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    I dont know that much for fact.
    My understanding is it was done AT frontier health.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #58
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    This is the way I see it. Folks are goin nuts, accusing this kid of being crazy..etc.etc. Writing a fictional story and having weapons you have a permit for is nowhere near as crazy as 1- allowing the leader of your country to take away your liberties and drive up the price of oil while fighting a war that was needless to begin with...and then after all the lies to reelect the same guy or 2- to hear a story and think the writer is actually writing a fantasy just cuz kids have been shot on campuses in the past (all the while overlooking the fact that the story wasn't even the most violent read according to the paper). Suit up the folks that want to condemn this kid and ship their collective a$$es to Iraq and let em see what he has seen and do what he has done....then maybe they are qualified to pass judgement on him....maybe.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #59
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    We condemn schools for acting on perceived threats.
    We condemn schools for not acting on perceived threats.
    There is no winning situation.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  10. #60
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    It was done at Frontier apparently. The Dean informed Wyatt that he was being committed for detainment for probable cause. I could take you in and they could say there is probably cause to detain you, myself or anyone.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •